- About the ICCL
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
- Our People
- Support Us
- Work With Us
- ICCL e-bulletins
- Rights News - The ICCL's Quarterly Newsletter
- Upcoming Event: Victims Rights Conference 14 November 2014
- The JUSTICIA European Rights Network
- Hear Our Voices
- Youthreach Human Rights Competition 2014
- Join the Film Awards Team!
ICCL Victims' Project
Welcome to the ICCL's Victims' Project page.
On this page you will find a range of the most reliable and up-to-date materials on victims’ rights linked by hyperlink.
Also see our new victims' and procedural rights info and documantation portal at eujustice.iccl.ie
Support for Victims
On 12 April 2012 the ICCL held a high-level conference in Dublin Castle on Victims' Rights. Please find below links to some of the papers, presentations and speeches made at the conference.
Speeches and presentations
- 'The EU directive for victims of crime: more than meets the eye' - Presentation by Professor Anthony Pemberton. Download HERE.
- 'The Directive on Victims Rights: opportunities and challenges for Ireland' - Presentation by Dr Shane Kilcommins. Download HERE.
Information on the 'Victims of Crime Bill 2011', as proposed by AdVic, the Rape Crisis Centre and Support After Homicide
- A presentation by Maria McDonald BL on the AdVic/Rape Crisis Centre/Support After Homicide 'Victims of Crime Bill 2011'. Download HERE.
- The Draft 'Victims of Crime Bill 2011'. Drafted by Maria McDonald BL on behalf of AdVIC, the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre & Support After Homicide. Presented to the Victims of Crime Office on the 14th December 2011. Download HERE
- A Summary of the Draft Directive on Victims Rights: A request for Submissions from NGO’s. Completed by Maria McDonald BL at the request of PILA and ADVIC. This was completed in furtherance of previous research completed for ADVIC, namely a draft Victims Rights Bill 2011. Download HERE.
- Some Priority Questions to address in submissions on the draft Victims’ Rights Bill 2011. Download HERE.
1. Further resources on Support for Victims
2. EU Materials on Victims’ Rights
3. ICCL Victims' Rights Publications
Please click here to browse the Victims’ Rights Content on the ICCL website (press releases, statements, submissions and publications). The ICCL's main policy documents on Victims' rights are linked below:
4. Ireland – Department of Justice and Equality
Irish Legislation - previous Victims’ Bills:
- Criminal Procedure Act 2010 (Victim Impact Statements)
Debates on Bills:
- Written Answers - Victims of Crime Wednesday, 18 May 2011
- Written Answers - Victims of Crime Tuesday, 27 November 2008
- Written Answers - Victims of Crime Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Department of Justice Press Releases, Reports and Statements:
The Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence welcomes Cabinet decision to opt into EU Directive on victims of crime and publishes the Fifth Annual Report of the Commission for the Support of Victims of Crime 22/06/2011
Minister Ahern Launches New Victims Charter 20/07/2010