- About the ICCL
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
- Our People
- Support Us
- Work With Us
- ICCL e-bulletins
- Rights News - The ICCL's Quarterly Newsletter
- The JUSTICIA European Rights Network
- Hear Our Voices
- Youthreach Human Rights Competition 2014
- Join the Film Awards Team!
- Call for Tenders - Web and Video for the JUSTICIA European Rights Network
ICCL Association Launches NO Campaign on Oireachtas Inquiry Referendum - www.kangaroocourts.net
Next Thursday, 27 October 2011, the people will be asked to vote on the 30th Amendment to the Constitution, which will grant more power to Oireachtas Committees.
The Irish Council for Civil Liberties Association believes that these proposals are rushed and ill-considered, and do not strike the right balance between the public interest and individual rights.
Tomorrow, 21 October 2011, together with a number of high profile academics and political figures the ICCL Association will launch the 'NO' campaign against the 30th amendment to the Constitution.
Date: Friday, 21st October 2011
Time: 12.30pm -2.30pm
Grafton Suite 1, The Westbury Hotel, Grafton Street, Dublin 2
Speakers will include:
• Mark Kelly, Director of the Irish Council for Civil Liberties
• Catherine Murphy TD
• Senator Ronán Mullen
• Mary O’Rourke, former TD, Senator and Oireachtas Committee Chair
• Professor Gerry Whyte, Trinity College Dublin, Constitutional Law expert
• Oisín Quinn SC
• Donncha O’Connell, National University of Ireland Galway